Notice is hereby given that a vacancy has occurred amongst the members in Lyde Ward of the Parish Council. Any person willing to fill this vacancy should apply for an application form from the Clerk, at the above address/email if they are unable to access the form on this page:- Application Form
Completed application forms must be returned to the Clerk by Friday 21st April 2017. Applications will be considered at the Parish Council Meeting on Tuesday 25th April 2017.
The Parish Council will be pleased to receive applications from parishioners who qualify for membership:-
Qualifications for election and holding office
- On 25th April 2017 be a British subject or a Commonwealth citizen or Euronational and attained the age of 18 years and
- The applicant’s name appears on the current register of the Voters List for the parish; or
- The applicant should during the whole of the twelve months preceding the 25th April 2017 resided in or within three miles of the parish; or
- The applicant’s only place of work during the whole of the twelve months preceding the 25th April 2017 is in the parish; or
- Has during the whole of the twelve months preceding that day occupied as owner or tenant any land or other premises in the parish.
N.B Public elections cannot be held until May 2019, but for the interim period election to the aforesaid Council will be voted for by the present sitting number of councillors.
- The application must not be debarred from standing as a Councillor.